Notre-Dame d'Harscamp church
The church « Notre Dame d'Harscamp », Saint Nicolas Street, in the center of old Namur, is a church of Rennaissance style, build in 1750. Added to the list of major heritage of Wallonia in1936, it has been deconsecrated in 2004. Today, the church is the cultural centre of Harscamp.
This church is one of the major sites of our exhibitions. After being unavailable for several years due to repair works, we found it back with pleasure in 2012. It offers a lot of space which suits perfectly to enhance masterpieces of our guests.
Site ouvert 2018
Notre site majeur est de retour pour cette 15e édition! Vous pourrez profiter des améliorations et rénovations apportées par les travaux.
The Saint-Aubain cathedral of Namur is a Catholic religious building with a length of 78 meters and listed in the major heritage of Wallonia. The first bishop chose Saint-Aubain Collegiate, founded in 1047, as his cathedral.
It was decided to unite the former Saint-Aubain collegiate church, of which only the old raised tower remains in 1648 and the parish church of Saint-Jean the Evangelist in a single building dominated by an imposing dome. In 1767, the whole was finished mixing the memory of Baroque and Rococo with Classicism.
Venez découvrir un lieu exceptionnel et unique au coeur de Namur!
The Boatmen - Future Archaeological Museum of Namur
Located in the heart of Namur, the future Archaeological Museum of Namur is located on the foundations of the old school of the Boatmen and connected by an impressive glass arch to the old chapel of the Boatmen, a listed building of the 19th century and future reception of museums communal. A large garden is also accessible and complements the new public gardens of Boatmen and Poets.
Découvrez en exclusivité ce nouveau site d'exposition. Un endroit incontournable de cette 15e édition!
The Bourse of Namur, which is located on Place d'Armes, Rennaissance style completely transformed in a modern congress centre. Meet there our artists or attend to one of our conferences in the auditorium. It's there too that takes place the award ceremony of our Emotion'Ailes photographic contest.
The Glass room of the Walloon Parliament
Since 2014, this exceptional site is occupied by our exhibitions. The transparency generated by glass enhances the ancient architecture of this from 16th century building housing the Walloon Parliament.
As in each year, our event begins in the Belfry's Gallery by the opening of the exhibition of nominees to Aves Emotion'Ailes photographic contest. A hundred pictures, the most beautiful among all those submitted by thousands of photographs, are displayed in the gallery. Access to this exhibition is free during the 3 weeks it's lasting. The gallery is opened from Tuesday to Saterday between 11 to 18h and Sunday between 12 to 18h. Come and see these pictures that draw the attention of the our jury and vote for the public's award.
The Place d'Armes site was the political center of the city before being destroyed by german bombing in august 1914 and becoming what it is today. Several buildings hosting municipal authorities followed one another on this square which named then Saint Remy's market.. The last building having been destroyed by german bombing in august 1914 was never been rebuild. The city hall was then been transferred Iron Street where it is now located.
The buildings surrounding the square disappeared a few years after and left place to the Bourse of Commerce first and Inno shop later.
For few years now, the Aves exhibitions adorn the Inno's façade with monumental pictures to celebrate the Quinzaine of Nature in which our event is occurring.
This year, Place d'Armes will see the exhibitions in a huge tent which will also welcome the Natagora village.